Table of Contents
Are you planning to sell your house? Before you do that, have you considered renovating your kitchen? Kitchen remodeling can increase your resale value giving you the best deal in the market. This needs to be done most especially if your kitchen has been outdated for a decade or longer.
Is it worth remodeling a kitchen before selling it?
You have two reasons to go for a kitchen makeover: (1) it needs to since it has been outdated for years, and (2) you know it can up resale value. But do you need to go for an all-new kitchen renovation and spend thousands of dollars? That depends on your purpose. If you need help deciding, then you can talk to one of our project managers.
So, in terms of kitchen remodel, if you want to do it for your prospective buyers you need their preference. Most home buyers want to redo their kitchen on their own, so if you do it wrongly, you’re just wasting time and money.
That said, you can do research for kitchen remodeling ideas in your place. If you’re not confident about doing it yourself on planning for your kitchen project, you can always lean on professionals.
What kind of home seller market are you in?
Firstly, you need to know what kind of seller you are. That way, you can figure out what kind of home renovations you just have to do. So, there are three types of home sellers:
- Future sellers: You don’t have the urgency to sell your home right away. You’re just testing the market to see what are the in-demand needs of home buyers.
- Low motivation home sellers: You want to sell your property but are not in a rush. Therefore, you are not pressured to renovate anything right now in the house.
- Active sellers: You’re actively seeking home buyers to buy your property since you’re either moving out or wanting to buy a new house.
So, what kind of seller are you? That will dictate the urgency of getting a kitchen makeover. At Fairfax Kitchen and Bath, we have tons of remodeling kitchen ideas we can recommend to you. You can adapt any of these ideas whether you’re planning to list your property or not in the future.
What do your prospective home buyers want?
The value of kitchen remodeling is determined by how it impacts resale value. If you’ve successfully done improvements that your prospective buyers want, then you’ve done a great job. You will get a better price for selling your property.
So, here are some things you need to consider for renovating your house:
- Does your prospective buyer want a brand new kitchen?
- Do they want an easy move-in house?
- Do they prefer doing the renovations themselves?
- Do they like modern, transitional, or classic home design?
- What is their target budget for the house?
- Is your kitchen design parallel with the ones your prospective buyers want?
These are just some of the questions you need to get answers to before renovating your kitchen.
As a seller, what are the things you need to consider?
We understand you want to quickly sell your house, but that will take some time. It also depends on how saleable your property is for the customers. We want to guide you on things as a seller, so here are some factors you’ll have to consider:
Period of Selling the House
You need to have a timeframe on how long you want your house to be listed, and the time it takes for you to prepare it. Before listing your house, you need to check on all things needed to be repaired or replaced.
The heart of the home is the most common place a home buyer will check in the market. This is where kitchen remodeling value must be taken into consideration. Oftentimes, the average time of selling a house is around 3 months to 2 years.
If you want to hasten the waiting period, then you need to do smart updates on your house. And kitchen makeover is one way to do it. We can help you with that as that is our strength.
Cost of Kitchen Remodeling
Revamping your kitchen layout and design is not cheap. But we can help you get a reasonable kitchen remodeling cost that’ll help you get your target selling price. On most occasions, the average budget for a kitchen redo is between $12,000 to $35,000.
If you don’t have enough cash to finance it, then you can apply for a loan, or search for affordable financing options in your city. But definitely, your estimated return on investment for kitchen redo is 50% to 60%. Most of all, it will increase the saleability of your home since buyers will have a good impression of it.
Benefits of Kitchen Remodeling
Before backing out on your plans for upgrading your kitchen, know first its prime benefits.
- You improve the function and style of your home. By updating the layout and design of your kitchen which is the heart of your house, you’re increasing your home’s value and functionality.
- You get to customize some items like the cabinetry, countertops, appliances, and accessories.
- You’re increasing the chance of getting a sale! Home buyers look into how sellers have taken care of their homes. If they know that you’ve updated the kitchen and bathrooms in the past three months. Then they’ll be convinced that you’ve taken good care of your property.
What are the things you need to avoid as a home seller?
The pressure is high when you’re selling your property. We feel you there, but making hasty decisions can be expensive. We don’t want that to happen to you. So, here are some things you need to avoid as a seller:
- Buying expensive materials for your kitchen makeover.
- Moving the plumbing, which can increase your kitchen renovation cost.
- Total cabinet makeover when it’s not necessary.
We want you to have the best experience when renovating your kitchen. It should be a fun and memorable experience, whether it’ll be for the listing or keeping your property.
At Fairfax Kitchen and Bath, we want to give the best customer service. Our team is trained, bonded, and experienced in kitchen and bath renovations. We’ll make sure everything is according to your preference and budget.
Should you need a free consultation, book one today right here. Or Call us at 703-687-9231