Read This before You Remodel a Kitchen
Designing the kitchen as per the modern standards is indeed a great idea. But while remodeling the kitchen, a person should keep in mind certain features which can enhance the utility of the kitchen. In the absence of these features, the kitchen may become haphazard and chaotic instead of getting organized. Too many accessories in the kitchen would result in less working space in the kitchen and it would also steal the beauty of the kitchen.
The kitchen can be installed with new countertops, cabinetry, modern appliances, new lighting arrangement and sinks render it a modern look.
Following are some of the features to be kept in mind while remodeling the kitchen:
- ● The space should be properly utilized without wasting the space.
- ● The blind corners should be making more functional with cabinets and drawers such as Lazy Susan.
- ● Two sinks can be installed in kitchen; one for preparing for food and washing hands and another for washing utensils.
- ● The sink in the kitchen should not be very deep as it would require leaning down to wash the utensils.
- ● A decorative panel can be used to give a customized and furnished look to the kitchen.
- ● While installing the drawers, cabinets, etc.; instead of getting the customized ready-made one; order should be placed as per the requirement and size of the kitchen.
- ● For lighting purposes LED are ideal for lowering the bills and enhancing the efficiency.
- ● Instead of choosing the cabinets with glass doors; it is better to opt for the one with square of glass at the top. It will be economical as well as easy to maintain.
- ● Roll out drawer option are better than the pull out one. They can be fitted into any cabinet. They are also a better option for storing the large cooking utensils and even the smaller ones.
- ● It is better to have covered cabinets as the things exposed may collect dust. Hence, open shelves can be used for the things which are used every day like coffee mugs, cereal bowls, etc. They can also be used for keeping items such as cookbooks. Wine bottles are also normally stored on open racks.
- ● The countertops can be replaced with material like granite which looks good and are easy to maintain.
- ● The floor of the kitchen also plays an important role in changing the look of the kitchen. So, it should be changed as per the modern style, i.e. with marble or tiles. Such floor is easy to clean and look appealing.
While redesigning the kitchen, it is quite essential to fix the budget in the very beginning; this would help in choosing the items which lie within the budget. While selecting the materials for floor, cabinets, countertops, etc.; it is essential to choose the one with good quality.
Little care while selecting the design, layout and material of the kitchen can help in making the kitchen appear as modern. It would also help in improving the functional value of the kitchen by making it appear more systematic.