A main part of our days are centered around the kitchen area. For some we pass through here on the way to other rooms, we enjoy family meals together or pass through for other reasons. Since the kitchen is often the main focal point of our day, you want it to look appealing and draw in positive attention. For someone who might be interested in improving the look of your kitchen, here are some tips that we’ve come up with to help you along the way.
How to improve your kitchen?
- Refresh: Whether it has to do with old, worn out cabinets, or that floor that is desperately in need of replacing, now is the time. By removing old worn out pieces of the kitchen and either replacing them with more up to date fixtures, paint jobs and more you’ll have the kitchen looking so much better.
- Storage: What you do with this option is really up to you and depends on your circumstances. If you’re finding that your kitchen is a bit cluttered you can either go through and toss anything that just sits and collects dust, or find a way to add more space to store those items. If you’re choosing the latter of the two options, consider hanging racks or cabinet organizers.
- Update your lighting: In older houses and apartments you’ll probably notice they’re still using outdated fluorescent bulbs which aren’t so pleasant on the eyes or the electric bill. Try updating to LED lights which are more energy efficient as well as pleasant to look at. They come in different sizes and shapes so it’s up to you with what you want to go with.
- Fixtures: Do you seem to be consuming a lot of water or wasting a lot? Maybe it’s time to update your sink fixtures to something more appealing as well as energy efficient.
- Counters: Sometimes counters don’t see the best of days and can be costly to repair. If that’s the case then consider a more temporary fix such as a fresh coat of paint, or use your appliances to hide the unappealing parts if possible.
- Customize: Cabinets that aren’t in the best of shape can be taken care of in one of two ways. Either you can remove the doors entirely for an open shelf look, or you can replace them if that’s something your budget allows. Sometimes a fresh coat of paint makes all the difference.
- Add some flair: By doing something as simple as adding some cute tiles to the counter or walls in certain areas over the paint, you can add a whole new look to the kitchen and add a bit of flair. You can pick up some nice, but inexpensive tiles and caulk at your local hardware store which is pretty easy to install.
Many of these are very simple do it yourself home projects that can quickly change that boring kitchen into a fresh looking room you’ll want to spend time in.